CGHS Anime Club

CGHS's Anime Club forum

HomePortalGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Natsume Yuujinchou (Natsume's Book of Friends)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bingy~
Okonomiyakio

Female Posts : 395

PostSubject: Natsume Yuujinchou (Natsume's Book of Friends)   2010-09-13, 10:16

A nice cute manga, and in my opinion, not overly serious, as there is no super evil bad guy. It's actually more slice of life, but for some reason I'm in love with it! Natsume Yuujinchou. Also an anime, season 1 and 2, each with 13 episodes which proves how popular it is.

http://www.mangareader.net/759/natsume-yuujinchou.html Translated, ongoing.

Genres: Comedy, Drama, (Josei), Shoujo, Supernatural

Warning: Manga Fox says it's Josei, while Manga Reader doesn't, and according to me, there isn't anything in this manga that is not right for younger viewers, so it should be fine.

Author/Artist:
Midorikawa Yuki

Summary: For as long as he can remember, Natsume Takashi has been cursed by the ability to see spirits, just likehis grandma Reiko could. Reiko, though, used to bully the spirits, andbound them to her will in the "Book of Friends". Anyone in the possesion of the "Book of Friends" can control the spirit by saying the spirit's name. Now that Natsume hasinherited this book, a never-ending stream of spirits is coming afterhim, either wanting the book or to ask for their name to be released. A spirit Natsume accidently released agrees to protect him, but really just wants Natsume todie so he can have the book. The spirit Madara, dubbed 'Nyanko-sensei' by Natsume, is in the form of a maneki neko (lucky cat). Natsume spends his days dissolving thecontracts that bind the spirits and trying not to get killed. Madara later on begins to become more attached to Natsume.

My opinion: I don't know why, but I just think this manga is so sweet! You just have to love the shy and caring Natsume! And the hot Natori, and the sweet Tanuma, and the cuteness of Nyanko-sensei when playing with a cat toy... It's just too cute! I definitly recommend to everyone. I know some *cough* Aurora *cough* may find it boring, so i'll just say this now, compared to other manga, this is quite light-hearted, meaning no bloody scenes (not that I know of) and no killing etc etc.

Overall, just a sweet manga I think everyone should have a look at! If you like it, then I definately recommend both seasons of the anime.

Currently has 29 chapters.
Back to top Go down

Natsume Yuujinchou (Natsume's Book of Friends)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1